29 September, 2009

What If I Were a Student in my Class?

I spent the last 2 day at a synagogue, mostly not thinking about school. But as I was reading pages of Hebrew, some of which I only see once or twice a year, I couldn't help thinking about my students. Despite the different alphabet, is this how my students feel when I hand them a reading or writing assignment in Spanish? For me, the strategy that works best with Hebrew is to start reading out loud and hope I can get through the word with reasonable speed, which gets easier as I go along. How can I convince my students to go out on a Spanish limb and not feel embarrassed or awkward?

I caught up on some tv while I was waiting to break my fast last night, and this scene from "Community" on NBC seems like a pretty accurate depiction of my life, except I have younger students and a little more chaos. The entire episode was hilarious, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Jason said...

How's it going?

I just found your site through Blogcatalog and I like it a lot. It's very unique, which makes it interesting to read. I was wondering if we could exchange links and help spread some traffic around for both of us. We sports blogs need to stick together. Please let me know.

Jason
SPORTSMONARCH.com
SportsSoundOff.net