07 September, 2009

Data for the New Year

As this is the Jewish month of preparation, I've been doing a lot of planning, some of it has even been for school.
Mostly, I've been looking at the data:
210 -number of students I will be teaching
405- approximate number of students in my school
4- different classes to teach
7- sections of those 4 classes
34- students in most classes thanks to budget cuts
1 - piece of furniture in my classroom that isn't a student desk- a half broken file cabinet
2- approximate number of broken things in my classroom (discovered so far)
$500- approximate cost to fix broken things
30- number of textbooks in my department that were published in the last 9 years
0- number of those textbooks that are for my subject
3 - hours we will be spending in a meeting tomorrow
630- copies for the first few days of school, which I left in an unlocked room since I have
0 - keys that work now that the locks were changed on every room I use
$79.18- money spent at Staples in the last 2 days
23 - days until the 1st real day off (not counting Yom Kippur)

No comments: